Our Race Director this weekend is Ray O’Connor. To say he knows a thing or two about running is an understatement.
Ray is an avid marathon runner with 143 Marathons under his belt to date. He has completed 10 marathons in 10 days twice, ran the Connemara 100 mile race as well as several 24-hour running events and has also completed the Marathon Des Sables which takes place annually in the Sahara Desert. He is currently in training for Marathon Des Sables Peru taking place in early December.
Here are some other hats that Ray wears…
- Founder of Proactive Design & Marketing
- Founder of RunIreland.com
- Founder & Chairman of Marathon Club Ireland
- Race Director of Connemara 100, Portumna Forest Marathon 2017 & Clonakilty Marathon 2016.
- Event Director of Tough Mudder Ireland 2016 & 2017, ICS Colour Dash Dublin, Galway, Sligo & Cork 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017 & Electric Run Dublin
- Member of the Ultra Running Committee of Athletics Ireland
- Appointed as Chief Referee for the 2017 IAU World 24 Hour Championships